So I realised that I actually need to do a few steps before launching into the game salad viewer.
This is the first steps I have to do:
Download and Extract the Android SDK to ~/sdk. Getting setup with the most up-to-date Android SDK for publishing applications using GameSalad, then create a keystore.
- Download the Android SDK for Mac OSX from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.
- Unzip the downloaded android sdk to ~/sdk
- Double click the downloaded file. A new folder with the zip contents will be created
- Click and drag the new folder to your home directory
- Rename the new folder “SDK” (without the quotes)
- Note: “~” is a terminal shortcut for your home directory
- In a terminal window, type and run the following (without quotes): “~/sdk/tools/android update sdk –no-ui”
- This will download and update all required Android SDK components, and may take some time.
- After the update, in the terminal window, type and run (without quotes): “~/sdk/tools/android update adb”
- This will update the adb process to the latest version
Got this stuff working as you can see here:
This was all great and dandy thought finally I got something. So the next steps was to create open gamesalad and get it to work on my tablet.
As per website I copied this, however no luck. Still. Now Ive done everything right but this wont work?
I dont really know. Anyways doing the first two steps is part of the process for publishing your android app.
Ive got my sdk
Ive created a keystore
-following this I then have to do two things when publishing:
1: Use genertate APK button, then sign APK
2: Choose where to save APK.
I can now publish this on the google play store.